Tabs

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mamma's in time out.

Word on the streets is mamma Schroer's a little intense tonight.

TRUE THAT.


I won't front, I feel it.  And I call for a hearty amen that it's one thing to be it, and a whole other thing to know it.  Well excuse me while I feel AND know it.  Some Sunday eve's are just like that.  If you can't hang, I'll go with the 'ole "you may be excused" from my Sunday dinner table.  If your game, I promise dark chocolate for dessert.


It may have started with this:

 A quick attempt to throw a licensing sticker on our trailer before heading to town, landed me an intimate date with the drop ramp.  


That wasn't so dropped.
It was awesome I promise.




Or maybe it was this:


Receipts.  I hate them.  I hate entering them.  I hate balancing them.  I hate the way the suckers won't even feed easily into the shredder when you've assured them their time here is done.  I hate that in my perfected childish rebellion of trying to shove too many in at once they all crumple into a big wad that says, sorry chic, but we aint going nowhere.  And I hate that every month when I swear I will keep up on them so I don't have this mountain to deal with, they laugh and look at each other with that "ya, OK....." smirk.  




BUT:


You know what this means?


It means we made it another year.  We survived another holiday season.  Winter may think it's got us locked in, but it SO DOESN'T.  It's Mexico time.  


Break out the piñata man.  I feel like hitting something. 


Five more days......



I know I can make it.  And it will be worth every last intense, receipt crammed, preparation headache getting there.



My kids are the bomb.  This Mexico gig is a yearly thing, and they've learned you work hard to play hard.  I'm kinda proud of that.  Martin Luther King Day they got out of school at noon.  But guess what?


I found these two tackling their Mexico work together ON THEIR OWN.  Six hours worth after school got out.  Dude.  I called everyone.  I mean who's kids are these?

They're MINE.
And I couldn't be more proud.



Girlfriend grabbed division and RAN with it.




 Necessity of 6th grade studying ~ headphones



It promises to be a jam packed week of insanity.  Followed by Friday night salty breezes, ocean wave lullaby's, and sand dusted sandals.  Work hard to play hard.  Excuse me while I slam out this vacation prep list.  Intense?  Ya.  But I got places to go......


Project 365:

 CD Rainbows



"Welcome to Moe's!"


Hockey championships.  Don't mess.  Derek's buddy Carson.


 Honeybell tangelos.  AKA manna from heaven.


Derek's bells in church bell choir


"Creative headband storage", by Kailey Schroer


The nightly ping pong action is heating up



For those who stayed, 
Dark chocolate is served.

I'm off to prepare for a few moments in paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment